We meet every Tuesday morning from 7am to 8:15am. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are meeting virtually via Zoom (see our Meetings/Location tab for more information). Our meetings are always open to guests and there is no cost until you join as a member.
Our meetings use the following format:
- OPENING: pledge of allegiance, opening remarks, welcome guests, etc. – club officer
- INTRODUCE THEME: and overview of the roles and agenda – Toastmaster of the Day
- PREPARED SPEECHES: these are speeches with specific objectives that build upon one-another and are generally 5-7 minutes in length
- TABLE TOPICS: members are called upon to speak spontaneously on any subject for 1-2 minutes – Table Topics Master
- EVALUATIONS: the crux of Toastmasters is getting positive and constructive feedback on our speaking and leadership. Each speaker is assigned an evaluator and we also have an Ah Master and Grammarian to comment on our use of filler words and good grammar – General Evaluator
- WRAP UP: we vote on best speaker, table topics speaker, and evaluator; final comments by club officer
- SOCIAL TIME: stick around after the meeting to mingle with your friends
Guests will be invited to introduce themselves and share how they found out about Toastmasters at the beginning of the meeting.